Wednesday, May 25, 2011

After 72 hours

Oh wow, how I miss civilization on the internet.  Sunday afternoon, a tornado hit North Minneapolis, MN at 29th and Logan, about 4 or 5 blocks away from my place.  Good thing, I was about 30 minutes away shopping at Ikea..  On our way back, we received a call from my boyfriend's brother telling us to take our time coming home because there was a tornado and the electricity had died..  We took our time and when we arrived on Broadway, there were so much damage buildings, cars, and trees everywhere.  Because of all of the damage done, the police had to make a curfew for our area, no one was allowed outside or around the area between the hours of 9pm and 6am, Sunday and Monday. 

Finally, after 72 hours later, we finally got our electricity back!  I felt so ugly going to work without being able to fix my hair because it wouldn't wave the way that I wanted it to.. But man, I am so glad to be back online and just having electricity in general.  The good thing while I didn't have electricity, I was able to start doing my cross stitching again.  My goal is to finish a Hmong outfit for the New Years in Thanksgiving.  So far, I think I'm ahead of my timing, but this is exciting.  Next time, or when I have more finished, I will post pictures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment