Monday, June 6, 2011

Lego Batman and Robin Cake

I've been away for a while because I've been really lazy and don't have anything to post.  This past weekend, my friend was throwing a birthday for her son who was turning 4.  She had asked me to make a cake for him.  Knowing that he loves Lego Batman and Robin, I started looking online for ideas.  This is what I came up with...
I had a hard time trying to cover the cake with fondant because apparently my landlord did not inform me that our A/C does not work... And with my place steaming HOT, I wasn't able to hold the pieces together.  All I did was just whipped some cream and iced it.  I had originally asked my bf to work on Batman while I worked on Robin but he had to go to bed because he had to wake up early to go drill the next morning.  My roommate came and helped me with Batman.  When I did Robin's mouth, I didn't realize that my coloring had gotten onto his mask.. It looks like he's dirty. LOL.. Anyways, the kids liked it.  Kody sat in front of the cake admiring Robin (his favorite). 

Something new that I've been surfing lately online is crafting.  I found some pretty awesome sites... Here are my two favorites.

http://dollarstorecrafts.com/
http://thecraftingchicks.com/

And trust me there will be plenty more to come..  I did find a lot of amazing ideas for a wedding that I've been sorta planning for myself and the bf... If that day does come. :)  Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment